Comment on page
To add your logo and icon in Ghost, follow these steps:
- 1.Go to Settings > Design in your Ghost dashboard.
- 2.In the "Brand" section, you can upload your logo and icon.
- 3.The "Publication logo" is displayed on the homepage. It is recommended to make the logo file as small as possible and have dimensions of at least 600x72px. Ghost doesn't automatically resize logos like it does with post images.
- 4.The "Publication icon" is used as a favicon, which is the small icon displayed in a browser tab. It may also appear at the top of email newsletters. Make sure the icon is a small square image with dimensions of at least 60x60px.
Author's profile image
In the Nova theme, it is recommended to add a profile picture to display the author's information on every post. To do so, follow these steps:
- 1.Go to Settings > Staff in your Ghost dashboard.
- 2.Under the "Active Users" section, click on your name.
- 3.Hover your mouse over the default profile image to change it.
- 4.Select a new profile picture.
- 5.Once you have chosen the desired profile image, click on "Save" in the top right corner to save your settings.
- 6.The selected profile image will now be displayed on every post.
Ghost Portal button
It might be useful to disable the default ghost subscriber pop up to ensure a good user experience and avoid redundancy since Nova already has a subscription form. Don’t worry — disabling this won’t cause the site subscribers/members any problems since Nova dynamically updates the navigation bar to show a subscribe “Subscribe” if the user isn’t already subscribed and the button will change if the user is already a member.
To disable this, go to Settings > “Membership“ > Click on the green “Customize Portal” button. Then, click “Look and Feel” and toggle of “Show Portal button.”
Finally, click save to save your changes.
A featured post
It’s recommended that you only add up to 1 featured post.
You may have noticed that Featured posts are pinned to the top and look different than regular posts. To convert a regular post to a featured post, go to “Posts” in your ghost dashboard. Then select the post you wish to turn to a featured post.
Click on the
icon on the top right corner, scroll down and select “Feature this post.